Thursday, January 15, 2009

My elaboration on patriotism

I think i should elaborate on my veiw of patriotism.

I recently viewed a wiki article on patriotism. The article claims that it IS to be proud of your country. There for two waring countrys should not fight because they are both patriotic. WRONG!

Also i watched V for Vendetta. Wonderful flick. The movie never once mentioned patriotism. The movie only glorifies Freedom of oppression. freedome to live with your rights earned at birth. RIGHT!

Another good movie (i read the book as well) is Braveheart. This movie also preaches freedom. Patriotism defined on screen.

Patriotism is not to be proud of your country.

It is the freedom to witch country you choose.
The freedom to witch god you worship.
The freedom of what you say.
It is the idea of FREEDOM and your reasons to fight for it.

The country you choose to be proud of is your loyalty not your patriotism.
I am loyal to this great nation i call home. Good ol' America, but that does not mean i beleive my government has not corupted itself. It has and needs a change. A change in the direction of freedom. My patriotism is flaring for the old to become the new. Flaring to shake this great nation.


Ben Franklin



To him in whom love dwells, the whole world is but one family. ~Buddha
I have no sense of nationalism, only a cosmic consciousness of belonging to the human family. ~Rosika Schwimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom of Speech. Use it!